Recruitment Announcement of College of Civil Engineering and Mechanics [Long-term effective]
Founded in 1909, Lanzhou University is a national key comprehensive university
under the direct authority of the Ministry of Education. It is one of the universities supported by the 'Project 985' and “Project 211”, one of the first batch universities having the right to grant master's and doctor's degrees and one of the first universities to establish a postdoctoral research mobile station. The university has a long history, outstanding comprehensive strength and rich academic achievements. In the latest natural index ranking of 2017, Lanzhou University has published 174 papers in 68 journals recognized by the Natural Index, ranking 96th in the world, 25th in the Asia-Pacific region and 10th in domestic universities. According to statistics of SCI, Lanzhou University is one of the universities with high quote rate in international academic journals in China. Twelve disciplines of the university have entered the top 1% of ESI globally, among which the chemistry has entered the top 1‰ of ESI globally.
After the founding of People’s Republic of China, by pursuing the education strategy of the Communist party of China and insisting on the right direction of development, it grew bigger and became well established within a short period of time. During the process of adjusting the departments of higher institutions, LZU was identified as one of the fourteen comprehensive universities in China. Guided by such strategic goals as “developing the northwest region” and “establishing strategic base”, it has grown into an university with strategic significance, embarking on the historic mission of training high-level talents for the country, especially in the west region of China, and developing science, technology and culture. Since the reform and opening up initiative was adopted, by seizing the historic opportunity brought by such strategies as “rejuvenating our country through science and education” and “strengthen the nation with trained personnel”, as well as such projects as “211 Project” and “985 Project” implemented at the national level, LZU has enhanced its standard across the board guided by the principle of liberating the minds and driven by reform and opening up. In 2002 and 2004, Gansu Grassland Ecology Research Institute and Lanzhou Medical College were successively incorporated into LZU, which further enriched its disciplines and made its comprehensive advantage even more prominent and ushered into the stage of rapid development in its history. With its long history, strength in running school and outstanding performance, it ranked among the top universities in China.
The College of Civil Engineering and Mechanics was established in June of 2005, covering Mechanics Science founded in 1956, Geological Engineering founded in 1975 and Civil Engineering founded in 2001. Taking mechanics and geological engineering as the basis, regarding civil engineering as the main line and treating engineering science and engineering practice as the goal, the College of Civil Engineering and Mechanics strives to become an influential and first-class research engineering college integrating basic research for application, engineering scientific research, engineering design and engineering management in China.
At present, there are 80 teaching and administrative staff, including 18 professors, 19 associate professors, 14 doctoral tutors and 40 master tutors in the College of Civil Engineering and Mechanics. More than 740 undergraduates and 380 graduate students are studying at the college. Nowadays, the college sets up three undergraduate majors (Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Civil Engineering, and Geological Engineering), two master's degree programs of first-level in Mechanics and Civil Engineering (including Geological Engineering), two doctor's degree programs of first-level in Mechanics and Civil Engineering (including Geological Engineering) and two postdoctoral research stations in Mechanics as well as Geological Resources and Geological Engineering.
Currently, the College has four teaching units: Department of Mechanics and Engineering Science, Department of Civil Engineering, Department of Geological Engineering and Engineering Experiment Center, and five research institutes for Solid Mechanics, Engineering Mechanics, Geological Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering as well as Engineering for Preventing Disasters and Reducing Damages. The College has independently established the Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education of Western Disaster and Environmental Mechanics, jointly set up the Scientific Research Base of Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education of Special Functional Materials and Structural Design (Grade B) with other colleges in the university, co-built the National Protection Center of Ancient Chinese Murals with the Dunhuang Academy China, and founded the National Geophysical Field Observational Station of Lanzhou together with Gansu. The College is actively promoting the construction of structural engineering laboratory.
Now, we are looking for talents from all over the world to join in the College of Civil Engineering and Mechanics of Lanzhou University!
I. Recruiting Majors and Disciplines
Mechanics, Civil Engineering, Geological Resources and Geological Engineering and other related disciplines.
II. Types and Benefits of Recruiting Positions
1. Academicians of Chinese Academy of Science and academicians of Chinese Academy of Engineering: Provide 5-10 million yuan as scientific research start-up fund; Provide 4 million yuan as housing allowance and settling-in allowance, and provide temporary department; Everything can be negotiated and decided on a case-by-case basis.
2. Specially-appointed professors of “The Yangtze River Scholar”, winners of The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars: Provide 2-5 million yuan as scientific research start-up fund; Provide 2 million yuan as housing allowance and settling-in allowance, and provide temporary department; Exclusive quota of doctoral candidate; Solve the work of the spouse and the enrollment of children.
3. Leading talents of the “Ten Thousand Talents Plan”: Provide 1-3 million yuan as scientific research start-up fund; Provide 2 million yuan as housing allowance and settling-in allowance, and provide temporary department; Exclusive quota of doctoral candidate; Solve the work of the spouse and the enrollment of children.
4. Top-notch young talents of the “Ten Thousand Talents Plan”, young scholars of “The Yangtze River Scholar” and winners of National Outstanding Youth Science Foundation: Provide 1-3 million yuan as scientific research start-up fund; Provide a house of 128 m2 or0.8 million yuan as housing allowance and 0.3 million yuan as settling-in allowance, and provide temporary department; Exclusive quota of doctoral candidate; Solve the work of the spouse and the enrollment of children.
5. Young Researchers: Provide 0.5-1.5 million yuan as scientific research start-up fund; Provide 0.25-0.30 million yuan as the annual salary (pre-tax); Provide temporary department; Settle the enrollment of children.
6. Foreign Teachers: Provide salary that is 20% higher than the salary of the same level positions in the university; Provide supporting fund needed for scientific research; Provide rental subsidies and temporary department.
7. Post-doctoral Teachers: Provide 0.2-0.3 million yuan as financing fund for international post-doctoral teachers; Provide financing fund of no less than 0.18 million yuan for domestic post-doctoral teachers; Provide temporary department.
8. Academic Leaders, Postdoctors and Outstanding PhD Graduates: Provide adequate scientific research start-up fund for introduced talents; Provide housing allowance and settling-in allowance, and provide temporary department; Settle the enrollment of children; Provide scientific research start-up fund and settling-in allowance for the employed outstanding PhD graduates.
【Compilation of Various Talent Policies】
III. Materials to be Provided by the Applicant
1. Resume/Application Form for Applicants of Lanzhou University
2. Published Papers and Other Materials of Achievements in Scientific Research
3. Major and Summary of Work Performance
4. Future Work Plan
IV. Contact Information
Contact Person: Wang Shuicun
Address: Office 420, Qiyun Building, College of Civil Engineering and Mechanics of Lanzhou University; No. 222, South Tianshui Road, Lanzhou City, Gansu Province.